Saturday, January 8, 2011

2009 vs. 2010

While I may pride myself on mainly listening to artists that my peers aren't obsessed with and might not know very well (Adele, Florence + The Machine, Eliza Doolittle, A Fine Frenzy, etc.), I, like every other teenager I know, enjoy my fair share of popular music: Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Lady GaGa, etc. So when I happened upon DJ  Earworm's annual mashup of the years top 100 songs for 2009 I was excited to see my favorite catchy pop tunes. I thought the video was very well done and liked it so much I put it on my iPod (though if you want to do the same, it only comes as a podcast on iTunes). Of course I was excited for 2011 to come just so I could see the mashup of the hit songs from 2010. I must say, however, I was sadly disappointed. I enjoyed the 2009 video much more than I did the 2010. Maybe the 2009 one just felt more upbeat and 2010 has gone a little soft on the "rave" type music. I don't know.
Here is the 2009 mashup, Blame It On the Pop (my favorite):
I'm not going to post the 2010 one but it's called Don't Stop the Pop so if you want to look it up on Youtube just type in 2010 DJ Earworm Don't Stop the Pop. Please enjoy this attack of popular teenage music.

No comments:

Post a Comment