Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Continues

After my jaunt to Alaska and Canada, I feel my summer has, schedule-wise, "cooled" off. Lately, I've been hanging around my house, or friends' houses, doing a whole lot of nothing. Don't get me wrong, a lackadaisical summer can be a good summer, but I'm rooting for a great summer, full of accomplishments and memorable...err...memories. Yes, memorable memories. I said it. I want to finish my short story by the end of the summer, cross off some more of my bucket list, attend my cousin's wedding, go to Seaside, read a lot of books, exercise more (that one is actually happening, believe it or not), a whole lot of something! Unfortunately, I was sick yesterday and today, although it didn't really stop me from having fun.
Yesterday, three of my pals (for safety purposes, the girls will be known as Kat, Laura and Bea) and I went out for some YoYo fun. As I had already had the delicious ice cream the night before with my mother and psuedo-brother, I left my wallet at home so as to refrain from purchasing any of the irresistible treats. After "chilling" (get it; ice cream, chilling. ha.) at YoYo's for a while, and naughtily nabbing some ice cream in the little "tasting" cups, we decided to check out the dollar tree, and randomly ended up buying balloons and mermaid figurines. What was our intent, you ask? Well, being severely odd teenage girls, we decided to tie the balloons to the figurines and deposit them on some boys' doorsteps. I won't say who, just know I did not choose the boys and so had no personal connection with them. Yeah, we're weird. Next we headed back to Kat's house and watched the Justin Bieber movie. It was at this time that my sore throat, which started that morning, came back with a vengeance and I started feeling sickly. I spent the rest of the day in bed and did not wake up today until 1:30 pm. Yeah, embarrassing.
Today was not wasted, however. I got some sun, watched some youtube videos, and started my summer reading for AP Comp. Choosing from the two lists available to the class, I'm going to read Tuesdays with Morrie and am currently reading Columbine, the full disclosure on the school shooting tragedy of 1999. It's quite scary actually, and parts of it had my aforementioned sickness making an unscheduled appearance, but is also riveting and intriguing. I recommend it to all the nonfiction lovers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment