Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Chance Stroke of Luck

In some happy mistake, TeenVogue keeps sending me copies of their latest issues. I don't know if it's because I created an account online, or what; I didn't pay for a subscription but the issues keep coming. Either way, I'm not complaining.

For the August issue, Taylor Swift lives up to her title as the new face for Covergirl in a completely new way. The article on T.Swift talks about her new tour to promote her album, Speak Now, which I like, surprisingly. I'm not much of a country fan, but since when did that every matter with T.Swift? Anyway, I like singing Mean to myself, pretending I'm sending it out to all the cliquey girls at my high school. Smoochez, everybody.

The reason I'm mentioning Taylor is because when asked what occupation she would, ahem, occupy were it not for her sensational music career, her response rang true with my hopes and dreams for my future. Quoth she, "I'd be doin something creative and idea-related - like coming up with ad campaigns or writing novels." Reading this, I thought, "I can't remember being interviewed for TeenVogue. Weird." Novelists seemed to be a small trend for the magazine this month, for at the back, teenage daughter Georgina Bloomberg of New York City Mayor Micheal Bloomberg, recently released the first book of her new Young Adult series, The A Circle, that she coauthored with Catherine Hapka. What I want to know is, why isn't anyone offering to coauthor with me? Lame.

Anyway, this was just a "random" post. I really don't have that much to tell y'all. Although, I am dye-ing part of my hair purple today, so that's new and exciting. Perhaps I'll post a picture of the finished product soon? Who knows? NOT ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment